Updated Weekly on New 3D printed medical supplies, new forums, new resources.
1. 3DHEALS COVID19 APPLICATION:
In response to our friends and colleagues from multiple sectors, we created this 3DHEALS COVID19 Response Application.
Given the grave supply chain crisis facing the hospitals and healthcare providers in the U.S. and throughout the world, we are hoping to identify local 3D Printing manufacturers, designers, to help local healthcare providers/hospitals with their needs in this unusual time in our lives. If you have an STL file to share, please also respond here.
To view the result of others’ response (Updated Daily. No registration need. We are working on a better way to summarize the results. If you did not fill your email address, you are automatically removed from the list):
2. 3DHEALS Webinars/Discussion:
April 4th, 2019
Webinar Recording: Can 3D Printing Save Us From COVID19 Crisis?(Show notes and recordings)
March 18th, 2019
Recording of a small group discussion among 3D printing manufacturers, innovators, designers, supply chain experts, and healthcare providers on how to get better organized to meet local demand. We need PPE right now.
3. Media Articles on 3D Printing + COVID19:
As the collection of articles is growing exponentially, we have created a dedicated page here.
4. Links to Downloadable STL Files Against COVID19 (Please still go through standard anti-virus scan before opening the files.)
Disclaimer: 3DHEALS does not endorse any specific designs.
Have a new design? Email to: [email protected]
1. Emergency Masks
- Elevons COVID-19 Respirator (STL link)
- Copper3D mask – (STL download link)
- HEPA mask – (STL download link)
- Flexible mask valvy – (STL download link)
- Prusa Protective shield – STL download link
- Creality Mask and goggles :
- Isinnova masks – (STL download link)
- HP 3D High Reusability PA 12 or PA 11 (Downloadable STL Link)
- COVID-19 MASK (Easy-to-print, no support, filter required)by lafactoria3d March 16, 2020 (STL Link)
- HP Budmen Faceshield – STL download link
- HP Mask Adjuster – STL download link
- Files and Instructions for 3D-Printed Face Shields (Stratasys)
- MakerBot Download site for 3D-Printed Face Shield (STL)
- Formlabs Download site for 3D-Printed Face Shield (STL and instruction)
- [Video] MeshMask – 3D Printable Custom Masks – Full Walkthrough and Design Considerations
- Door handle (attachment) – STL download link(s)
- Door handle, Savegrabber (portable) – STL download link
- Respiratory valve – STL download link
- Mask Adjuster – (STL download link)
- NIH Depository – Venturi Valve – (STL download link)
- Ventilator Splitter – STL download link
- Ventilator – STL download link
- HP Personal door opener – STL download link
- HP Wrist cover – STL download link
- See more from Cults3d.com
- See more from NIH 3D print Exchange (Completed and ongoing clinical reviews of 3D models)
4. Ongoing Design Forums and Hackathons:
“Founded by residents at Massachusetts General Hospital, the CoVent-19 Challenge will be a completely virtual open moonshot competition hosted on Slack to develop a rapidly deployable mechanical ventilation solution.
More details to come soon. We appreciate all of the advice and buzz that we are hearing from all parts of our global community.”
“COVID19 is currently spreading exponentially, in a mostly unchecked fashion, throughout the world. Infection doubling rates are as high as 2-3 days. Under simplistic models, such unchecked growth means the disease infects most of the world in months. Current statistics indicate that 15-20% of people who get it requires hospitalization for respiratory failure for multiple weeks and often need intense healthcare from medical professionals who are at severe risk of treating these highly infectious patients. If infections proceed at their current pace across the globe, we will not have enough supplies like ventilators, respirators, PPE, etc. to meet demand. This group is being formed to evaluate, design, validate, and source the fabrication of open-source emergency medical supplies around the world, given a variety of local supply conditions.”
We don’t know the owner of the spreadsheet, but this seems to be a collection of people who are interested in helping out.
5. AM for COVID-19 Forum Realtime Global Map
Registration is required to view info:
6. ASME COVID19 Literature Resource Page
A collection of journals by ASME. See the full list here.
Journal of Biomechanical Engineering
Journal of Fluids Engineering
Journal of Engineering and Science in Medical Diagnostics and Therapy
Journal of Medical Devices
7. American Make Initiative
America Makes is partnering with its member, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), to help ensure the additive manufacturing industry can effectively and safely meet the needs of America’s health care workers on the front lines of the Coronavirus crisis.
This effort will connect the capabilities of the additive manufacturing industry with the specific needs of health care providers via this online repository. This site will record necessary information from both the additive manufacturing industry and health care providers, and eventually include a pathway for designs to be uploaded for review to ensure they meet medical standards and can be downloaded for use in production.
8. The MassVentil Project: Designing a Mass Ventilator System for Treatment of Group Illnesses
The mission of the MassVentil project team is developing a working prototype for a modular mass ventilator system, which, under critical circumstances, can be used to simultaneously ventilate a large number of coronavirus patients having critical health status. Plans and results are available for free to those who want to use it in practice during the COVID-19 outbreak period.
The team aims to design a mass ventilator system, that can ventilate up to 5-10-50 or even more people at once, protect healthcare workers, and can be operated outside hospitals, in ad-hoc camps and halls.